Friday, November 11, 2005

Recovering

Thanks for all the excellent and interesting comments on my last post. The one thing that it has accomplished is to strengthen my desire to do this again. Towards the end of my training, as the long runs got long, I really thought this first marathon would be my only marathon. Not that I was going to settle back onto the couch, but that I would concentrate on shorter races, and maybe half marathons now and then. However, my competitive fires have now been stoked, and I feel the need to go out and prove to myself (and the world) that I'm capable of more. I wonder how this motivation will hold up as the temperature drops, but for now I'm already looking at marathon calendars for the spring. (I can barely believe it myself...)

I'm feeling better each day. I can pretty much walk normally now, and I don't have to go down stairs sideways anymore. In fact, if I had more time today I probably would have gone out for a small run. I'll probably do that on Sunday.

The marathon pictures are up and you can see them here. I definitely "need" one 5x7 picture (for my bib frame), but I'm not sure if I need to order all those pictures. (Did you see those prices?!!) I think it's fairly obvious which picture I should get, but I'm curious if everyone else agrees.

I have a few more things to post, but I have to be on my own computer to do it properly. I'll probably get to them over the weekend sometime.

One last thing. Today was the last day of the Magnum exhibit on pictures taken during the 2004 NYC Marathon. I went to see it, and although it was smaller than I expected, it was still pretty cool. I think having now run the race, I had a much different perspective on the exhibit. Nonetheless, the pictures are pretty good. I recommend watching this narrated slide show.

Have a great weekend!

8 Comments:

Blogger buryblue said...

Congratulations on completing the New York Marathon. I have had a look at narrated slide show and have to say this is really an inspiring piece of work. Ive often said I will never do another marathon but seeing these pictures is tempting me - what a great experience to visit new York and run the marathon maybe just maybe next year

Friday, November 11, 2005  
Blogger ShoreTurtle said...

Thanks for sharing the link to the slideshow. It was intriguing.

Friday, November 11, 2005  
Blogger Nancy Toby said...

I'm thinking about Cape May, NJ for the March marathon there - flat and fast, if the weather cooperates!!! See www.marathonguide.com for lots of options and reviews.

Friday, November 11, 2005  
Blogger Cris said...

I like the horizontal pic of you and the others crossing the finish line. I also like the vertical one of you sort of cheering yourself on.

Friday, November 11, 2005  
Blogger Jon (was) in Michigan said...

I agree with Brooklyn about the cheering one (7803-4396-001). I think you'll want a finish line photo too, but its kinda hard to see you in the crowd. The shot of you with the medal is a must have too. Ignore the prices, Danny. Its a rare event. Buy the pictures and you'll be glad you did.

Saturday, November 12, 2005  
Blogger Triathamom said...

You should definately do another. Faster & stronger. Come on down to the country music marathon in Nashville, April 29. We have a whole group running. I have decided whether I will do the half or attempt the whole myself. Check out my blog. I added a whole lot more in the last couple of days.

Saturday, November 12, 2005  
Blogger Triathamom said...

You could change the name of your blog to Training for my NEXT marathon!!!

Saturday, November 12, 2005  
Blogger Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

Yup, time for a new blog name - "Marathoner in Training".

I remember walking downstairs sideways...lol. Still do sometimes after a long run. This house has way too many stairs.

Great pics. I like #001 but finishline pics are a must!

Sunday, November 13, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home