Friday, November 23, 2007

Turkey Trots and Touchdowns

What a beautiful day yesterday!

Just as I was heading out to the park I checked my email and saw that my friends were playing football there. I didn't want to cancel my run, so I tried to include it in. I ran 2.7 miles around Central Park until I saw them playing. I joined them for an hour or so, and then finished up the 6 mile loop.


I scored a few touchdowns, but they've come with a price. I am sore all over. My upper quads are killing, my arms are killing, and my nose hurts. (That's from slamming into someone's back. Or maybe that's from sliding on the ground - without even being tackled.) Either way it was a lot of fun, but I can see why professional athletes are usually retiring at my age.

Of course I ended up stuffing myself later in the day, but truth be told, I don't think I was too bad. My folks are in Canada so I don't usually go home, but I had a really nice dinner with friends.


I came in too late to see the turkey whole, but it looked amazing!


What a beautiful looking dinner! (Thanks Sara and Dan!)

Hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving, and I wish you all a great weekend.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Danny,
A few friends and I put together a new website where members can get free fitness, nutrition, and weight loss advice from personal trainers, dietitians, and other experts. I'd really appreciate if you could give us some feedback about the site and some ideas for new features we should add. It’s www.FitCapital.com. Thanks in advance for your input!
Pascal
Pascal.Nicolas@FitCapital.com
www.FitCapital.com

Saturday, December 01, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home