Friday, October 21, 2005

I may have (finally) been tagged

I believe I've been tagged, though it's not obvious. Just to be safe...

Here are the instructions:
1) Go into your archives.
2) Find your 23rd post.
3) Find your 5th sentence (or closest to it).
4) Post the text of your sentence in your blog along with these rules.
5) Tag five other people.

Well, it's not really too exciting:

"However, I did just get these insoles and they do feel pretty good."

It's really too bad, since the first sentence of that post was "I think today was the best run I've had in weeks."

Anyway, I guess seeing the actual sentence come up makes me think abuot how my legs are doing. They had actually been really good. However, since the 20 mile run on Sunday I've had an increased amount of aches and pains here and there. Particularly my left inner shin, and both my knees. However, I think I'm better than I was in the past, and I have just come off my peak mileage week. I really think this tapering business will be good for me. I've got 12 miles this Sunday, and then back to single digit runs until the marathon in two weeks.



Speaking of the marathon, I'd all but resigned myself to not finishing under 4 hours. Sure, it was still my "secret goal", but I was going to shoot for 4:22 (10 min pace). However, looking at my splits today has got me thinking of that magic 3:59:59 again. Although I had some of the aforementioned pains, I really didn't feel like I was pushing myself too hard. Maybe with the weather a little cooler it's been easier to run a little faster. Or maybe the Forerunner wasn't working well...

Oh, if you're wondering who I'm going to tag, I'm pretty sure I'm the last person on the planet to be tagged. (If I even was tagged!)

7 Comments:

Blogger Jon (was) in Michigan said...

Ooo, watch those shins. Hopefully it will feel better now that the mileage is dropping down again.

Everyone tells me to not think about the time for the first marathon (the FIRST one??) and just have fun. But its hard not to think about it isn't it?

Rest up, Danny. The taper goes fast!

Saturday, October 22, 2005  
Blogger Louis said...

You're running 12 tomorrow? My NYC schedule calls for 15, which seems like a lot to me and my ancient knees.

I'm really starting to get excited now. I'm even looking forward to picking up my number at the Expo!

Saturday, October 22, 2005  
Blogger Danny said...

Yeah, my left shin is really bothering me today. Not really so painful, but definitely reminding me that it's there.

15 tomorrow does seem like a lot. I'm thinking of not even running my full 12. I'm not sure of the exact science of all the training, but I think that the long runs I've already put in should carry me through to the finish line. This tapering is just to keep me fresh, I think. So if 12 is too much for me, I'll cut it down a little. The next longest run after this is 8 the following Sunday. (And I may shorten that one as well.)

I feel a little nervous about tampering with the schedule at this point. But I definitely want to heal all my aches before the big day.

Saturday, October 22, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

Don't injury yourself, you wanna be able to actual run the race you have been training for. Yay, tapering!!!! :)

Saturday, October 22, 2005  
Blogger jeanne said...

Don't be afraid to cut your mileage; you don't want to injure yourself so close (I speak from experience!); and as for time goals, try to be really realistic. Someone once told me if I had to set time goals,I should set three: 1) my ideal, to-die for time; 2) what's reasonable; and 3) what I'd settle for if everything goes to hell in handbasket!

Sunday, October 23, 2005  
Blogger Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

teehhheehehheheee, I haven't been tagged. wait maybe I shouldn't have admitted that.

Wednesday, October 26, 2005  
Blogger Danny said...

Dawn,

you are soooo tagged now!

Wednesday, October 26, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home