Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Rain, rain, go away


I'm kind of sick of this rain already. This is what the 5 day forecast on the bottom of my browser looks like. It's also what it has looked like all week. Hopefully it will rain enough for the rest of the month and beyond, or at least until after November 6th.

Anyway, I was out there today looking like a lunatic running in this heavy downpour. Considering that tonight is Yom Kippur, and I'll be fasting for the next 25 hours, I really didn't have a choice. I had to get this run in. Hopefully I didn't hurt myself by running too fast - I really just wanted to get back home. (At mile 7.87 I got stopped for 8 minutes at a drawbridge. Once I stopped I was really hurting, and when the bridge didn't close properly the first time, I was ready to scream. Especially since I never saw a boat go through the bridge when it was up. Thankfully, once I started back up again, I was ok. I was worried I'd have to limp home for 2 miles in the rain.)

Now that I'm back home and warm, I'm happy I did this run. I really didn't enjoy being out there, but in case it's raining this badly on marathon day, I'll at least have this experience in my back pocket.

5 Comments:

Blogger D said...

I've run an 18 miler in the rain w/my Garmin and it was pretty accurate. Although it wasn't accurate AT ALL in Chicago so I didn't rely on it. It told me I was at over 7 miles when I hit the 5 mile marker!! Interference and tall buildings were probably to blame...???

I couldn't imagine waiting for a bridge during a run! Your race is getting close!!!!!

Wednesday, October 12, 2005  
Blogger E-Speed said...

Always good to have those miserable runs under your belt just in case!

Wednesday, October 12, 2005  
Blogger Nancy Toby said...

Good luck to you, and may you have an easy fast! :-)

Wednesday, October 12, 2005  
Blogger Hutch said...

That rain is something else. I can understand exactly what you are saying as it has been raining here for 6 days. Thankfully, the sun is back tomorrow. Yeah :) I hope the fast goes well for you.

Wednesday, October 12, 2005  
Blogger Tracy said...

Rain and I get along pretty well - it's the wet shoes thing that I despise ;)

And I TOTALLY feel your pain on the drawbridge crap! The same thing happened to me during my half ironman last summer. GRR I was so mad. Congrats on plowing through in spite of everything!

Thursday, October 13, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home