Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Sick

What do you get when you cross Niagara Falls and a nose?

Me.

Well actually, that was Sunday. It's slowed down since then, and now I'm into that dry hacking phase, where all my muscles hurt.

I feel like this happens before every big race that I train for. You might say it's from tapering, but it really happened overnight, just after that 6 mile run Saturday night. The truth is, it is the season to get colds, and I do work in a hospital. But it still sucks.

So anyway, after my last run on Saturday night, I didn't have anything scheduled until today. I was planning on running a little Monday, but because of how I felt, I held off. I didn't feel great today either, but the weather was pretty nice for running, and I was only scheduled for 4 easy miles. I ran by myself, and stayed pretty consistent. 9:45 miles throughout. (Actually the first mile as about 10, but I was stuck at a light for about 15 seconds.) I'm always amazed at how I can naturally get into a rhythm. Tomorrow I'm scheduled for a 30 minute tempo run. I don't want to push too hard this close to the race, but I will try to up the speed for the middle 10 minutes.

That's it for now. Hope you're all feeling better than me.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel much better then you, thanks. lol

Get well soon!

Wednesday, November 15, 2006  
Blogger tinablue87 said...

Feel better Danny!

Wednesday, November 15, 2006  
Blogger Rae said...

Hope you're feeling better!! It is the season ! Ugh!!

Thursday, November 16, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Danny!!

Been reading your blog for some time now. The New Jersey State Tri is the same weekend as NYC. I did the relay last year (the swim leg)...nice easy swim course. It is in Princeton, NJ. We had so much fun out there!!

-Andrea

Friday, November 17, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home