Monday, October 16, 2006

Why is it so hard?

4.5 tough miles this morning.

I haven't been hobbling around the rest of the day (like I've done in the past), but my runs have been really tough lately. Since Cleveland every run has been a struggle. Nothing in particular hurts (for a change), but my legs feel 20 pounds heavier, and my anterior shins throb from exertion the entire time. I'm thinking it might be "overuse" and so I want to cut down a bit. The only thing holding me back is the thought that maybe I'm just being lazy.

I'll probably cut out one run this week. Actually, looking at the schedule I put together, I've only now realized there are 5 runs a week. I've generally been at 3 a week most of the time, so I should probably cut that back to 4 as well. Yeah, I think that's a good idea....

2 Comments:

Blogger kivster said...

I will post our run hopefully later - pretty tired and I just got back in. It seems that we are both hitting that same wall, not sure why - though thankfully today felt a little bit better for me (of course I didn't do 9 miles on Friday).

Time to buy some winter running clothes! Yay for Target!

Monday, October 16, 2006  
Blogger jeanne said...

why indeed? My answer: NO REASON WHATSOEVER.

sometimes it's hard, sometimes it's not so hard.

running is very very fickle!
:)

nice tempo run btw! I never did get the hang of those.

Tuesday, October 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home