Sunday, July 01, 2007

Update post

I'm too tired (lazy) to write a good post, so just a quick update.

I'm still reading that FIRST book, and I really like the ideas behind it. I haven't set myself an official marathon training program yet, but I've been trying out some of the ideas from the book.

Thursday I ran a tempo run. I was supposed to run 2 miles easy, 2 miles tempo (7:50) pace, and then 2 miles easy. I ended up with this:



Pretty good, no? It was really tough for those middle miles, but I really felt like I got in a great workout.

Today was my long run. The first week on the marathon program calls for 13 miles. (Ouch!) I've got a few weeks to go, and Akiva was joining me, so we settled on 10 miles. In the past, I've kind of taken it easy and just put in my long miles at whatever pace felt comfortable. This book has me doing my long runs at set paces, so I tried to follow their plan. I tried to run today's miles at a 9:15 pace. My Garmin wasn't working well, so I just went by feel. I ended up with this:




Probably a little too fast, but I felt pretty good. I don't know if I could have done another 16 miles, but I could have kept going for a little more for sure.

Now back to resting...

2 Comments:

Blogger David H. said...

came across your blog online. I'm getting ready to run my first marathon in November. I'll add you to my blogs I read list. Best of luck in your training. Looks great so far!

Tuesday, July 03, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks like your getting a good start to your training program.

home rehab

Sunday, July 08, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home