Monday, June 11, 2007

Long-ish Run

Got 8 miles in today with Akiva. With deliberate effort, we kept the pace down to around 9:30 to 9:45. It was tough at first, but it turned into a nice run.

Thanks for all the comments on my ankle. For the most part, it's better. I have some pain when I stretch the ligaments, but I don't feel it at all when I walk or run straight ahead. A couple of days last week I wore dress shoes for a lot of hours. I think they're a little less stable, and I was feeling it at the end of the day.

Also, I can still feel a difference when I examine myself. I can feel a little clicking along the right tendons as i move my toes up and down. It doesn't hurt, but it bothers me that there's asymmetry.

I'm still going to physical therapy, but probably only for another 4 visits. I'm continuing to work on my balance, and on strengthening the muscles of my foot. I'm hopeful that this will prevent this from happening again.

This month's Runner's World had a lot of articles on Speed Work and Tempo runs. I also just bought their new book on the FIRST training program, which has similar ideas. I think I'd like to get back to doing those a little more rigidly, but I'm not sure when I'll be ready for that. Hopefully soon.

In other news, I got to go to the medical school's graduation last week. Because I'm on faculty, I got to dress up. Good times.




with Dr. Akiva

1 Comments:

Blogger rivkayael said...

mazal tov to Dr Novetsky!

Tuesday, June 12, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home