Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Back to the Track

I finally made it back to the track for some speedwork today. It just doesn't feel right in the cold. Or maybe it's just that I'm out of shape.

I'm not on any schedule, so I kind of made up a workout. I did 5 x 800m with 400m rest intervals. My splits were as follows:
3:27
3:29
3:28
3:25
3:11

I actually didn't know how fast I'd been in the past, so I wasn't sure how I was doing. I knew I was being consistent. Until the last interval where I pushed harder, and ended up with 3:11.

Now that I'm home I looked up some old splits. Back in November I was doing these 800's in about 3:23. Well, but that was just after the marathon. How about before the marathon? Well in October I did eight 800's, ranging from 3:03 to 3:18.

So I'm definitely slower. Or out of practice. Which is kind of annoying, since I have a 5K coming up in 2 weeks. I had really wanted to break the 7 minute mile barrier. I'm not sure I'm up for it now, though I'll probably still try.

2 Comments:

Blogger Darrell said...

It can be maddening to look back at the old workouts, but I guess it gives you something to work towards. Good luck with the up coming 5K.

Wednesday, February 20, 2008  
Blogger David H. said...

Those are still good splits. I, too, am tired of this winter even though overall it hasn't been too bad.

Wednesday, February 20, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home