Sunday, November 27, 2005

Sigh...

Congratulations!!!

Our editors have selected your newsfeed to be
featured in one of our Top 10 Sources sites. You can view the site that features
your site by clicking here.

This message was in my Inbox this morning. The first thought I had was how I hadn't run much in the last few weeks, and all I've done on my blog was whine. How embarrassing.

Then I thought that maybe I should look into this a little more. Just how many people were actually checking out my blog because of this "top ten list"? As I'm sure most have you have guessed by now, the answer was - and still is - zero. At least they have a nice button for the bottom of my sidebar...

It also inspired me to get out there and try again. I was hoping to "jog" for 5K so I could belatedly participate in the BRPTT. Unfortunately, the same old knee pain kicked in after a mile and a half, and I had to cut it short to 2 miles. (My new "marathon distance"!)

Quite frustrating. To be fair, I haven't kept to my resolutions. I've neither stretched nor crosstrained. The only thing I've done is eat. (If I don't get back to running soon, the next endurance event I join might be the Nathan's eating contest!)

Tomorrow, I'm going to look into joining a gym nearby. I need one that will let me join for a month, so it may not be that easy. There are a few in my neighborhood, so I'm hopefull I'll find one that will accommodate me.

6 Comments:

Blogger ShoreTurtle said...

Congrats on making the top 10 list. I made the list too, but you are listed higher! I guess your marathon gives you more street cred.

Sunday, November 27, 2005  
Blogger Jon (was) in Michigan said...

Hey, that's an impressive list, Danny. You should be proud to be there. Not one slacker in the whole group of you. Nice!

And refresh my memory again about the knee pain. Its not ITB related knee pain is it? On the outside? That will take time to heal. You'll want the Cho-pat strap.

Sunday, November 27, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you've been resting a lot. it should be improving. you should totally go to the doctor. PT might help (or be necessary) depending on the problem...also, you could try easing back into running (ie. only go out and run 1 mile (or shorter if you feel pain). then call it a day. go home and ice and take an anti-inflammatory. rest a day. then two days after your last run run 1.5 miles. that's how i always get back into it. anyway, i hope you feel better (mentally too :)

Sunday, November 27, 2005  
Blogger Bridges Runner said...

Congrats on making the list:) You're on the list and a lot of others aren't so that makes it cool!

Anyway, take care of yourself. I am in agreement with the others here and possibly getting this looked at. Feel better soon:)

Monday, November 28, 2005  
Blogger Scott in Washington said...

You're on the A List. Go Danny!

Hey, how did you get your race day reports to appear on your blog? I found on the Vegas site where I can have updates sent to an email address, pager, etc. but I'm not sure what address to specify for my blogger blog.

Thanks,
SD

Monday, November 28, 2005  
Blogger Rae said...

Hey! I noticed the new header!! (Am I the first??) Congrats on making the list, that's huge!

Monday, November 28, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home