Friday, April 21, 2006

Mmm Pizza!

Passover's over, and I'm finally back to a normal schedule. (Well almost. After this weekend it will be back to normal.) It was good to have Pizza again today. All the kosher pizza shops had long lines today...

I've really been limited by all the holidays in terms of exercising. I didn't want a whole week to go by, so I went out for a quick run today. I have a 4 miler (again) on Sunday, so I wanted to see if I could get some fast miles in. I had a vague plan in mind, but I didn't really stick to it. Instead I ran one pretty fast mile (7:50), and one medium fast mile (8:52). By the end of those two miles my lower shins were burning, and I decided to call it quits. Considering that my PR pace for 4 miles is 8:13, it doesn't look like this Sunday is going to be a record setting Sunday. I think I need to take a few pounds off before I can get faster.

(I definitely need to start slower though, and I will. I really like being able to speed up as the race goes on.)

In other news, I've finished another tractate of the Talmud. It took me 17 weeks, which is about how long I trained for the marathon. So that's kind of cool. I'm going to have a little celebration by bringing a little food to Synagague this weekend, and then start the next one on Sunday. (Have you noticed the constant emphasis on food in this religion?!) I've got grand plans to finish the whole thing by the time I'm 50.

Anyway, that's it for this week. Have a great weekend.

5 Comments:

Blogger ShoreTurtle said...

Have fun at the race this weekend!

Friday, April 21, 2006  
Blogger E-Speed said...

Have a good weekend and have fun at the race!

Friday, April 21, 2006  
Blogger Darrell said...

It's all about the negative splits, Dan. And the food at the end! ;-) Have a great race.

Saturday, April 22, 2006  
Blogger Bridges Runner said...

Hope the weather clears for the race tomorrow:) Best of luck!

Saturday, April 22, 2006  
Blogger Rae said...

I bet the long pizza lines would make for a funny picture!

Good luck in the 4-miler tomorrow! Just remind yourself you're the king of the 4!

Saturday, April 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home