Friday, March 31, 2006

Meeting Shore Turtle

Last night was fun. It was cool to meet Shore Turtle and I had a nice time with him. I mentioned this in a comment on his blog, but I'll say it again here. It's really cool that even though we'd never actually met, after reading his blog for so long, I felt like he was an old friend. (Actually I ran into neighbors of mine from back in Toronto. I introduced Shore Turtle as my friend. Yeah, a friend I just met 5 minutes ago!)

Unfortunately, the "good guys" lost the game last night. I wish I could say it was at least close, but in reality Michigan was badly outplayed from the first minute. I think we might have had more fun if we had something to cheer about.

Here's a few pictures. (We had pretty good seats.)

Dunk!

The band.

The cheerleaders. They looked really young, and I actually felt old.

Me and Shore Turtle. (This is at halftime. He's faking the smile.)

I was too lazy to go to the pool today. Sunday's a 10K race. I volunteered to take an extra call on Sunday, and I'm hoping it doesn't become a problem. The race has actually been pushed off to 10 am, but I hope to be done before anything turns up at work.

Have a good weekend, everybody.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a good time with Shore Turtle. He seems nice!! You have met a lot of bloggers!! (including some cool chic from boston that likes health).

i've also been on duty before while trying to do normal activities. (as an EMT in college). it's a weird feeling. i go to the gym and stuff and go about my normal day, but i'm always on edge, just waiting for the pager to go off...and wondering, is it on...do i have the volume too low? i could totally relate to you checking your pager at the end of laps....so enjoy the anxiety!

good luck in your race!! run fast!!

Friday, March 31, 2006  
Blogger Cris said...

good luck on the race Sunday. I did this one last year and it was awesome. I signed up this year, but I have tech that got pushed up two hours, so ... well, I can't be in two places at once. Work wins.

Again, good luck. Let us know how you do.

Friday, March 31, 2006  
Blogger Rae said...

Good luck in your race! 10 am sounds like a great start time. I wish our races started that late.

So how many bloggers have you met now??? I think a lot! You live in a great place for people coming in for vacay!

Friday, March 31, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home