Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Preemptive running

I knew I had plans for dinner at a nice steakhouse yesterday, so in order to eat guilt free, I planned to run beforehand. Unfortunately (fortunately?) I was getting a lot of good work done at the office, and stayed there later than planned. So I delayed dinner slightly, for a quick 4 miles in the neighborhood.

Considering the warm weather we've had lately, it was quite chilly yesterday evening. I'm not complaining too much: today we had a snowstorm! But I had to wear gloves.

The run was ok. Not great, just ok. My legs felt a little tight, and I could see that running a PR takes a toll on you. I don't forsee another PR this weekend in my 4 miler. In fact, I'm a little concerned right now. (Not overly concerned, just my chronic level of concern.) My right leg in particular has been bothering me today. I did some extra stretching today, with an extensive icing session as well. My original plan had been to do another 4 tomorrow, and the 4 mile race on Sunday. Tomorrow may have to be substituted out.

Speaking of substitutions, I should really be doing more of the swimming and cycling. I can tell though, that I really don't like them as much. Maybe it's the "indoors" aspect, but I'm just not excited about doing those activities. I somewhat dread them, and get very lazy when it comes to getting out of the house. (I was supposed to leave work earlier yesterday, so I could run and swim. Then I pushed off the swim until today. And now I'm too tired. See?) I'm not sure if I can keep them up. We'll see...


The restaurant. That little U with the circle around it is a subtle kosher sign.


Why do all fancy restaurants have these ridiculous fish tanks? Is that supposed to justify their exorbitant prices?


Some NYC landmarks. The Chrysler building, and Grand Central Station. The restaurant was nearby.


Empty train station. I told you I got home late. I generally drive, but midtown is a real pain so I took the train. (And paid for it on the way home.)

4 Comments:

Blogger Jason said...

You just don't like the biking and swimming because you know all the cool kids run. For get the other activities, come over to the dark side, and just run.

Maybe I'm just saying that because I swim like a rock (except less gracefully).

Thursday, April 06, 2006  
Blogger Rae said...

A snowstorm??? CRAZY!

Love the pics!! I think you do a 4 mile race every week! I don't know of a single 4-miler around here. Everything's always a 5K, or the very occasional 10K or half.

Thursday, April 06, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey danny--
you seem pretty computer saavy---i have a question about video posting...do you know how to compress home-made dvds? i've been fooling with it for a while but am not seeming to make much progress...any help would be much appreciated!

Friday, April 07, 2006  
Blogger Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

Great pics.

Sunday, April 09, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home