Thursday, March 30, 2006

Somebody turn on the A/C

Wow, it's actually hot outside. Really beautiful. I really think we're wasting a lot of money and effort sending spaceships to Mars and Saturn. What we should really be concentrating on is stopping our own planet from tilting back and forth all the time. Let's wait until about May or so, and then just lock it in place. Good weather forever!

Today is Physician Appreciation Day. (I'm sure you all knew that already.) I was a few minutes early for conference this morning, so I stopped in at the official breakfast. I was surprised at how many people were there. People were chowing down like they've never seen food before. The event was "catered" by the cafetria upstairs. Which means it was the exact same food that's available everyday, only today you didn't have to pay the 2 or 3 dollars. You'd be surprised at how much of an impact that makes!

All the big wigs of the hospital were there. The President told a few of us that just in case we didn't know the hospital appreciates us, now we'd know for sure. I told him I always suspected it, but the French Toast put me over the top!

By the way, why is it always umbrellas that they give you?



Anyway, I had a few hours to kill so I made a quick stop in the gym. 40 minutes on the bike, which is a new record. It was too tough to keep up the intensity, so I gradually lowered the resistance. That meant the distance in the end was only 11.61 miles - which I think is still the most I've done. The problem is that it's really boring. I mean really boring. I think I need to get a bike and try this outdoors. What I'll probably do is borrow a friend's bike a few times and see how I like it. (I definitely don't enjoy it as much as running.)

In the afternoon I helped examine the medical students. It's kind of weird being on the other side of the table, but I enjoyed it. I made a commitment to be more involved in teaching. I felt that if I'm going to examine them, I'd like to get the chance to teach them first. I'm looking forward to that with the next group starting next week.

Now it's off to the city to meet ShoreTurtle. I'll report back tomorrow.

4 Comments:

Blogger jeanne said...

i'm sure you get this a lot, but you know what? YOU are REALLY FUNNY! yeah, french toast: now I KNOW that people appreciate me! I wonder when "New Media Director" appreciation day is?

Thursday, March 30, 2006  
Blogger Cris said...

I think I need to get a bike and try this outdoors

You'll never go back indoors again! (until winter maybe. or rain.)

I got my bike off Craig's list. Not a bad purchase for 100 bucks.

Thursday, March 30, 2006  
Blogger E-Speed said...

indoor cycling is so much more boring than outdoors! You will love it outdoors!

Thursday, March 30, 2006  
Blogger LeahC said...

I think running and biking indoors is terrible! If I have to run on a treadmill it just about kills me. I don't bike unless it's the summer and I am using it as one of my forms of commuting but I can imagine it would be the same boringness indoors.

Have fun at the game!

Thursday, March 30, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home