Sunday, February 18, 2007

Weekend Warrior

Well I didn't run all week, but I made it back out there today. 12 miles. I had initially planned on driving into the city to run in Central Park, but by the time I was done rounding on everybody in the hospital, it was already early afternoon. I didn't want to push it off anymore, and was worried I'd have trouble finding parking in the city. So in the end I stayed local, and ran my usual path.

I felt like one of those eskimo dogs pulling those sleds. (What are they really called? You know the ones where the driver yells "mush"?) Almost the entire run was on snow, frozen snow, or ice. I was happy when the snow was frozen, because that meant I didn't sink in. On a couple of the hills I just slid down without lifting my feet, for fear of falling. It was crazy.



It looks pretty nice in that picture. Google should have a "season" mode.



That's more realistic.

In any case, I was glad to get a long run in again. I'm not sure I'm really up for a marathon this spring, but if I still want to entertain that possibility, I really have to start building mileage.

2 Comments:

Blogger Darrell said...

Sounds like you could have used some cross country skis out there.

Sunday, February 18, 2007  
Blogger rivkayael said...

Purim sameach, Danny!

Saturday, March 03, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home