Monday, February 05, 2007

Um, thanks Steve

I started to notice a lot of people coming over here from SteveRunner.com. I hadn't realize that there was a little blurb about me in this week's Phedippidations. I usually listen to it every Sunday, but because of the race this week I hadn't listened to it yet.

Had I known so many people were coming by I might have posted my Miami update earlier. Oh well.

Anyway, the main reason he mentioned me is because of the Colon Cancer Challenge. Some of you may remember that this is a fundraising event that I participate in each year. It raises money for Partners in Prevention, which is an organization run out of the hospital and medical school I'm affiliated with. Its main purpose is to increase public awareness about colon cancer prevention, screening, and treatment. If you'd like to make a donation, you can do so on my main fundraising page. I put a link in the sidebar as well.

The race is March 11th. I've always done the 4 mile race in the past, but this year I'm hoping to do the 15K. I'm captain of "Team Einstein" so I'll probably be there for both races anyway.

1 Comments:

Blogger Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

I heard Steve Runner talking about you!! I left you a small donation in honor of my friend, Mary Jane, who is fighting colon cancer right now. Thanks for all your doing to raise money for a great cause!! And goodluck in the race!

Saturday, February 10, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home