Thursday, April 12, 2007

I'm back

Back in New York, and busy already. Here's another quickie post, with pictures.


This is a map of my long run in Toronto. It's probably not obvious to people outside of Toronto, but it's a pretty cool route. I felt like I went everywhere.


This is what I bought when I got back! When I was done with them I left them outside my house. It was so cold there that they were still not fully melted 3 days later.

And finally, some pictures from the previous Sunday's Scotland Run in Central Park:

Tired, at the finish line.


With Akiva, taking our "finishing" pictures (before the race).

I haven't run since Sunday. I'm planning on running 6 miles tomorrow morning with Akiva, and then somehow I have to get in a 20 miler on Sunday. I'm on call for my group, the weather looks crappy, and I'm overall still not feeling up to it. Sigh. At least I can "taper" afterwards.

Oh, in case you haven't been checking my sidebar, I only gained 3.2 pounds over the 10 days I was gone. I consider that a victory. It's just that my goal of 20 pounds in 20 weeks - which at one point looked like it was going to be done in a month - is now down to 7 pounds in 5 weeks. It's going to be tight.

Have a good weekend everybody!

3 Comments:

Blogger LeahC said...

nice job on your long run in toronto. have fun with your 20 miler tomorrow. i love that last one becasue then you're home free till the marathon!

Saturday, April 14, 2007  
Blogger Darrell said...

Leah's right, having that last long one done is sweet. I hope you'll be able to get it done, then you can really enjoy the taper. It seems like winter will never end over there this year.

Saturday, April 14, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i gained 2.2lbs while my family was here for a week. i consider that a victory too... :) have a good run!

Sunday, April 15, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home