Saturday, April 07, 2007

Passover Running



I spent the first few days in a hotel on Grand Island, just like last year. There's so much food in these places, that eating becomes like an endurance event. At least the Matzo was "high guality".



I was scheduled to run Thursday morning, but Wednesday night it was really snowing hard, and we were scheduled to leave early the next morning. I decided to put in the 8 miles on a treadmill. Not fun. I ran it tempo style, where I kept increasing the speed.

0.25 miles 5.5 mph 1% grade
0.75 miles 6.0 mph
1.00 miles 6.5 mph
1.00 miles 7.0 mph
1.00 miles 7.5 mph
0.50 miles 7.5 mph 0% grade
1.00 miles 7.0 mph
1.00 miles 6.5 mph
1.25 miles 6.0 mph
0.25 miles 5.5 mph
0.25 miles cooldown

Those middle miles were killers. 7.5 mph translates into an 8 minute mile. I ran last Sunday's 10K in 7:59 miles and I didn't feel as bad as I did on the treadmill. It could have been the ten pounds of Matzo still in me...

The rest of the holiday I've been in Toronto. It's freezing here. I didn't bring my warm running clothes and that's been an issue. On Friday I ran 4.5 miles but it was really cold. I had to borrow some of my family's non-running clothes to make it outside.


I ran a modified version of the route I ran the last time I was here. I think with the weather being so cold, the ground felt really hard.

I'm scheduled to run 17 miles tomorrow, but I'm really not feeling it. My legs hurt, and I hate the cold weather. I don't see doing a marathon in May if I bail on this run tomorrow, but I may skip it anyway.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bridges Runner said...

"It could have been the ten pounds of Matzo still in me..."

So true...so true...:)

Congrats on the 17 miler (I skipped ahead!). And for the record, treadmill running is much more difficult in my opinion. It just feels a lot tougher!

Sunday, April 08, 2007  
Blogger jeanne said...

sexy outfit!
:)

Tuesday, April 10, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home