Monday, February 25, 2008

Treadmill Running

Too much snow and cold. (Even if I did see people running in shorts yesterday afternoon!)

I did a tempo run on Friday, where I pushed my speed up to 9 mph for half a mile. It felt like I was running faster than ever before, but really that was only because of the treadmill. I've run that fast for short distances before, but only outside. It's harder to run that fast indoors.

Sunday I wimped out on going outside, and did 10 miles on the treadmill. Although I was listening to Pheddipidations, Austin Powers was on TV. Oh behave!

There was another runner there who's been rumored to be training for Olympic trials. I asked her about this, and we chatted for about 10 minutes. She's quit her job and trains full time. I couldn't really understand that, since she doesn't really expect to make the team. But she felt that this was the only opportunity she'll ever have to train at this level, and so she took it. (I'm guessing she doesn't have too many of those things called "expenses"!)

In any case, now that I've chatted with her, and high-fived Meb, I like to say that I regularly hang out with members of the running elite. :-)

Special thanks to those that have contributed to my Colon Cancer Challenge fundraising. I'm still well behind previous years, but at least it looks respectable. I've also recruited a bunch of teammates, and together we're over $1100.

3 Comments:

Blogger David H. said...

Good job with continuing to run through the winter. I'll be glad when April and May get here!

Tuesday, February 26, 2008  
Blogger Runner Susan said...

yes, do behave! :)

Wednesday, February 27, 2008  
Blogger Missy said...

I googled "marathon with no training" and your blog came up!
Maybe you could give me some advice. I signed up for my 2 marathon which is 3/30. I have had nagging colds since then, and I humbly decided to run the half.
I have been training for the half, but now have this crazy idea that maybe I could run the whole marathon with half marathon training. What are your thoughts?

Wednesday, February 27, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home