Thursday, June 04, 2009

How dedicated am I?

I ran during Hockey. The Stanley Cup Finals. In one of the most entertaining games.

I woke up this morning to run, but didn't feel like going out in the rain. Tonight, I got home from work at 7:45. I was tired and hungry, and the game was starting at 8. I ate a little and started watching.

In the meantime, I looked up the weather and saw that it was really supposed to rain tomorrow. Sigh. I really got to get over this rain thing. I sed to run in the rain, but until I really get back into the schedule thing, it's hard to do. In any case, I decided to go out during the second period, so as to be back for the third.

So there I was running a planned 4 miles. I felt pretty good the first couple of miles, and was surprised to see my pace in the 9:40's. I felt faster, but chalked it up to running after eating. After a few miles, I decided that since I was going so slow, I could up the pace for a mile, and run this like a tempo run. I picked it up, and noticed the pace to be 9:56. Ok, I figured it would take some time to recalculate. And then it went to 9:57. What the...??

Oh yeah. I changed the corner field to "time of day" on Sunday. D'oh! Turns out I was going faster.



First couple of miles at 9:22. The tempo mile at 8:13. Then back to 9:12 for a bit, before a cooldown at the end.

All in all a good run. It was worth it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

mate, do you have hungarian roots? just by the sound of your name...
I am glad I found your blog, I am from hungary and preparing for my first marathon - so cool, keep up the pace and write your blog - I enjoy it a lot!

Friday, June 05, 2009  
Blogger Darrell said...

Nice run. I can't tell you how many times I've left my watch on the chrono and can't figure you why it still reads the same time all day.

Saturday, June 06, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home