Sunday, May 31, 2009

Need to be less lazy

So after posting my schedule last week, I ended up screwing it up in the first week. I had 3 runs scheduled: Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday. Problem was there was little room for flexibility, since Thursday night to Saturday night was a Jewish holiday.

Thursday morning I woke up early to run, but it was drizzling and I just didn't feel like going out in the rain. I thought I'd have time later in the afternoon. In the end, I ended up staying late at work (yet again!) and by the time I came home the holiday had started. (And I don't run on these holidays.) And so there went the opportunity for 3 runs in the week.

I did run my scheduled 8 miles today, but again I was lazy in getting out the door. I woke up early, but procrastinated getting out to run. By the time I was out there, it was already pretty hot. That, combined with my missed run, meant I had to stop twice during my run. Once at the halfway point, and once just after 6 miles.

With my Garmin 305, I really get these great graphs. You can see that even though my pace was slowing, my heart rate was rising as the run went on. (You can see how I was really exhausted at the end, and significantly slowed down.)



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home