Monday, May 18, 2009

Birthday Post

Um, yeah. It's been a while. Thanks for the few people out there who keep me honest.

So... I haven't really been too good with the exercise thing this year. Up until today, I've run 109 miles for the year. (By this time last year, I'd put in 263 miles. In 2007, with an injury, it was 294. So I'm a bit behind...) I've basically been running about once a week - which is pathetic. In related news, I weigh more than I ever have in the past. Ugh.

In good news, I've signed up for the NYC Marathon this year. It's hard to imagine getting back into that kind of shape, but I need to have something discrete to train for. It's not really reasonable for me to try and beat my PR, but I'd like to get sub-4 hours. (That's a 9:09 pace, which I have a hard time maintaining for 3 miles now, let alone 26.2. But I've got almost 6 months.)

Finally, today's my birthday. (Hard to forget when you're on Facebook!) A good time to turn over a new leaf. I hope to make a lot of improvements in my running, my eating, and my blogging. :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy (belated) birthday! And welcome back! I'll stay on you if you don't keep up the blog. While you haven't been running too much, I've been dealing with some injuries, so let's virtually work through this together and get to whatever finish lines we have in mind.

Wednesday, May 20, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home