Thursday, June 25, 2009

Mid-Week 5M

I've gone from complaining about rain to complaining about the heat. (hard to make me happy!)

I went for a run earlier in the week, but waited until too late in the day, and it was too hot. As opposed to the race situation, i wasn't able to push myself to go 5 miles straight. I took a (long) break in the middle, and even with that it took me 48 minutes. (Compared with under 43 for the race).

I often get asked what the point of running races is. If you're not going to win, you can just run on your own. This is one of the reasons.

In other news, I actually crosstrained yesterday. Some stationary bike and weights. Definitely need to do that more.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm always complaining about something - I guess it's a requirement with running. Personally, I'm already looking forward to the fall.

Thursday, June 25, 2009  
Blogger Darrell said...

I race for the comraderie, the shared experience and the spirit of the day. There's just something about running a race. Besides there's the t-shirt and possible medal, what more reason does anybody need?

Saturday, June 27, 2009  
Blogger NY Wolve said...

Cross training is so key, but so hard for me because all I can think about is that I would rather be running and building toward that tangible goal and making progress toward those goals.

Monday, June 29, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home