Sunday, June 14, 2009

Another 10



Real busy at work this week, and didn't run at all during the week. Doing the once-a-week weekend warrior thing is really a killer.

Anyway, I did go out for another 10 this week. Thanks to a friend who went running with me, I left earlier in the day and so it wasn't so hot. We stopped at 4.4 miles to rest for a few minutes, and then about a minute after starting back again, we came upon an injured cyclist. She was literally lying in the woods at the side of the path and we waited with her until the ambulance came. Her friend thanked us for helping out, but I was thankful for the chance to really catch my breath!





I love having these graphs. Here's how you can analyze this run. There are basically two parts: the first 4.4 miles, and the second part. In each one I start off slow, then speed up, then taper off as I get tired, and then speed up when the end is in sight. You can also see my HR gradually climbing in each segment. Not nearly as high as last week, but did hit 172 at the end. (I'm not sure about the wavering up and down which seems pretty regular. I'm not sure if it's real, and I have to play with the "smoothing" a little more.)

Anyway, I've still got work to do, but this was better than last week.

3 Comments:

Blogger Darrell said...

Almost any run is a good run.

Way to be a good samaritan, as it were.

Tuesday, June 16, 2009  
Blogger NY Wolve said...

Cool graphs..I love SportTracks.

I just got a RoadID to wear when I run in case I get in an accident. Never had one, but I can see how it would be helpful in a situation like the biker.

Friday, June 19, 2009  
Blogger Dmitriy said...

I wonder if that woman is ok. Btw, I got rashes all over from poison ivy that day.

Monday, June 22, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home