Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Battling the Elements

I've been so good at keeping up the running lately, that I was kind of down about all the rain on Sunday. I was planning on running in the morning and heading to the hospital in the afternoon. But it was really pouring in the morning, and I decided to just head to work early.

I think in the end I probably would have blown off the run. But when I got back I saw a whole bunch of facebook status updates from people who had run the More Half Marathon that morning. 6,360 finishers in the pouring rain! Well even though I didn't have the commitment of already having paid a entrance fee, I was still inspired to head out and run in the drizzle.

It was mildly annoying in the beginning and my neighbor even suggested I bring an umbrella. But in the end it really wasn't bad at all, and I was so glad I did it. Got in a little more than 8 miles.

Today it was super windy when I started. Couldn't hear my ipod - just wind. I thought it was going to be really tough, but I had no intention of quitting. In the end, once again, it wasn't bad at all.

So I'm happy with the running so far. Really just base miles - no speedwork or anything else. Maybe in a few weeks, but I want to be careful not to get hurt.

The diet is going well as well. Skipped all-you-can-eat sushi/chinese last night, and all-you-can-eat bbq tonight. (You can see how I gained all the weight previously!) The weight doesn't seem to come off as easily as it did 5 or 10 years ago, but it's coming.

2 Comments:

Anonymous David H. said...

I think for every year older that we get, it takes an extra 2-3 weeks to drop a single pound. While my running is great, the pounds are still hanging around right now.

Tuesday, April 27, 2010  
Blogger Andrew is getting fit said...

Damn those metabolisms slowing down eh!

Wednesday, April 28, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home