Monday, September 19, 2005

12 miles in Central Park

I got in my planned 12 miles in Central Park yesterday. Although I'm slightly sore today, it was a really good run. I didn't feel any of the pain I've had before. More importantly, as I was walking around the rest of the day in my regular shoes, I didn't feel it then either. So that makes me happy.

The park was jam packed. There was a biathlon there going on, but there were tons of other runners in the park. I think the morning was just really beautiful, and with September being half over already, people just wanted to take advantage.

As I start to increase the distance of my long runs, I'm also starting to deal with the amount of time it takes. I had a really busy day on Sunday, and to get this run in I had to get up really early. (And of course I didn't go to sleep early on Saturday night!) I find myself trying to figure out how I'm going to fit in my long runs the next two weekends. Especially with all the Holidays coming up, planning my schedule has become more challenging. But it must be done...

In other news I'm hoping to get my Forerunner today. I've been obsessively tracking it online since it was shipped. They should really upload GPS data from each delivery truck. Then I could watch my package going through the city until it came to my door. (That way I could come downstairs to get it before they put that sticker on my door saying I wasn't home!) I'm sure this will happen in the next few years.

Before I go, has anyone noticed that their computer really slows done when editing a blogger post? Are people using the Word add-on? Or is just my computer?

2 Comments:

Blogger Cris said...

I'm sore, too. I feel for ya, man.

Computer slowing down? no... but I use the built-in editor anyway. And, mostly, I do my original writing of it using the DashBlog widget and I try to proof before I hit send.

Monday, September 19, 2005  
Blogger KJ said...

Me too :)

Monday, September 19, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home