Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Back on the bike

Quick rush to the gym so I would feel (as) guilty at "all you can eat" tonight. I didn't really have any leg issues after the bike yesterday, so I figured I'd give it another shot today. I set the thing for cardio and 20 minutes. Initially I had my HR set for 155, but later upped it to 160, so I was really working. I managed 7.2 miles in the 20 minutes, with another mile in the cooldown. (The annoying thing about these machines is seeing that "calories burned" number. I think it was about 150 or so. I think dinner was about 15,000 or so. Not a perfect situation.) Anyway, I worked pretty hard, and felt pretty good. (I did notice my anatomical issues again, but maybe because the bike was adjusted differently, I was able to ignore them a little more.) I did some stretching afterwards, and then some weights.

Tomorrow I'm going to try and go back to the pool. I looked into lessons, and the timing is not going to work out for me. I may have to do that in the future. In the meantime, I'm going to keep splashing about.

I'd also like to get a short run in tomorrow as well. I may do these at different times, but we'll see.

Finally, although I don't usually put these things in here, I saw King Kong tonight. It was pretty awesome, and the effects are stunning. I would have been happier if I didn't ruin a pair of pants because some jerk thought the top of the seat was a good place to put his gum. But it was still a great movie.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rae said...

What a tool, some people are such morons. I think the bike at our gym is screwed up - it tells us we go about 3 miles in 20 minutes and I KNOW that's wrong!! I can run 3 miles in 25 minutes and I'm going WAY faster on the bike....

Tuesday, December 20, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home