Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Back on the bike

Quick rush to the gym so I would feel (as) guilty at "all you can eat" tonight. I didn't really have any leg issues after the bike yesterday, so I figured I'd give it another shot today. I set the thing for cardio and 20 minutes. Initially I had my HR set for 155, but later upped it to 160, so I was really working. I managed 7.2 miles in the 20 minutes, with another mile in the cooldown. (The annoying thing about these machines is seeing that "calories burned" number. I think it was about 150 or so. I think dinner was about 15,000 or so. Not a perfect situation.) Anyway, I worked pretty hard, and felt pretty good. (I did notice my anatomical issues again, but maybe because the bike was adjusted differently, I was able to ignore them a little more.) I did some stretching afterwards, and then some weights.

Tomorrow I'm going to try and go back to the pool. I looked into lessons, and the timing is not going to work out for me. I may have to do that in the future. In the meantime, I'm going to keep splashing about.

I'd also like to get a short run in tomorrow as well. I may do these at different times, but we'll see.

Finally, although I don't usually put these things in here, I saw King Kong tonight. It was pretty awesome, and the effects are stunning. I would have been happier if I didn't ruin a pair of pants because some jerk thought the top of the seat was a good place to put his gum. But it was still a great movie.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rae said...

What a tool, some people are such morons. I think the bike at our gym is screwed up - it tells us we go about 3 miles in 20 minutes and I KNOW that's wrong!! I can run 3 miles in 25 minutes and I'm going WAY faster on the bike....

Tuesday, December 20, 2005  
Blogger Susan said...

Ew, gum. That totally sucks.

15,000? That's some good eats.

Tuesday, December 20, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home