Monday, December 12, 2005

Success!!

Two pain free miles today. (I feel like I should have gotten another medal at the end!)

As I was fiddling around with the header and my new profile picture, I felt a little guilty about my lack of actual running. Okay, a lot guilty. So before it got too dark, I got all geared up again and headed out. (I'm glad I went out when I did. It's like 10 degrees colder out there now, and into "psychotic" territory!

Anyway, I ran my usual route near home. I felt pretty good in the first mile, and was waiting for the usual pain to come at the end, but it never came. I walked home without any limping, stretched, and then iced. To be completely truthful, I felt a tiny twinge in my knee walking back to the freezer to put away my icepacks, but it was gone by the time I got out of the shower.

So I'm pretty excited about this. I'm not going to fall into the trap of trying again tomorrow. (Besides, it's going to be freezing!) But hopefully Wednesday. If I'm going to live up to the new title of this blog, I'll have to actually start training sometime.

But not yet. ;-)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you were able to run pain-free. Even more glad to hear you're still going to take it easy. I can't remember the number of times I overdid it after that first pain-free run. Just go slow and you'll be done your next marathon before you know it.

Tuesday, December 13, 2005  
Blogger Rae said...

Way to go, woo hoo! Have you picked your second marathon yet? Training in the winter absolutely sucks. I don't think I'll plan for another winter race in the future. There's a reason most of them are in Oct/Nov and April/May!

Tuesday, December 13, 2005  
Blogger Louis said...

Congrats.

I've only run twice since NYC. I'm pathetic.

Tuesday, December 13, 2005  
Blogger Beanie said...

Hey Danny, in answer to your question on my blog, I would say that Chicago does not fill untill nearer the time. I think there were still spaces a couple months before the date last year. Glad you're considering it - it's excellent :o)

Wednesday, December 14, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home