Saturday, January 21, 2006

Brooklyn

Short post, as I'm not home. I'm in Brooklyn over the weekend. A close family friend is getting married tomorrow night and I'm spending the weekend here, along with my parents.

I've been keeping up in the pool. The Total Immersion drills build up to the point where you practice rolling back and forth, while "switching" your hands underneath your body. The next step is to introduce proper above-water strokes. I've been practicing my current drills, trying to build up endurance and stamina before going to the next step. I think another few more sessions and I'll move on to their "lesson 4".

I also went for another run on Friday. (The weather got nice again!) I was supposed to meet somebody for the run, but when she didn't show up on time I did a few extra laps while I was waiting. After a little while I gave up on her, and did my usual run. Of course I had left my Garmin at home that morning, so I didn't know how far I was running. When I got home I used gmaps to figure out I had run 5.5 miles. Nice. It's the longest I've run since you know when. No wonder my legs were tired...

Anyway, this weekend is a total eating fest, as you can imagine. I brought my shorts and shoes with me, so I'm planning to borrow someone's treadmill tomorrow, before the wedding.

Ok, that's it for now.

7 Comments:

Blogger Rae said...

Take some wedding pics for us all! There's nothing better than pigging out on wedding cake!

Great job on the run and the swim. I'm dying for warm weather to stick around permanently.

Saturday, January 21, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

heya. good for you for sticking with the swimming i know you love so much :)

Saturday, January 21, 2006  
Blogger Iron Jayhawk said...

Hey! I just read your race report from NYC...how awesome! (finish line pic and all)...

Hope the wedding went well and keep up the running :)

-B.

Sunday, January 22, 2006  
Blogger Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

Hi Danny!

Monday, January 23, 2006  
Blogger E-Speed said...

good job on the swimming and run. Hope you had fun at the wedding!

Tuesday, January 24, 2006  
Blogger ida said...

Gmaps. Ohhhhhh.... a new toy. Fun!

Tuesday, January 24, 2006  
Blogger Darrell said...

Congrats on the long run. Keep up the good work.

Wednesday, January 25, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home