Monday, January 02, 2006

Weekend update

Happy 2006!

Let's see, this weekend. Lots of eating, some running.

I went to the hockey game Saturday night. That was really a lot of fun. It was kind of empty because it was New Year's Eve, but for me that worked out pretty well. I had the cheapest seats, but I was able to sit pretty much where I wanted. Also, because of how empty it was, the thousands of Leaf fans there made quite a presence. There were probably about 1,000 Leaf fans there (in an opposing team's stadium!) with occasional chants of "Go, Leafs, Go!" Other highlights included a penalty shot, a fight, and a hat trick. And best of all, the Leafs won 6-3. Sweet.



Sunday morning I met up with Audrey. She was really sweet, and doesn't look at all like her tough cyclist chick picture from her profile. We run for about 45 minutes to and through Central Park. I think it might have been a little faster than I'm used to, or maybe it was just the chatting that I don't usually do, but I was struggling a bit. I hung in there though and made it back to where she was staying, even if we did skip the big hill in the park. Using the Gmaps Pedometer it turns out we ran about 4.7 miles. This Sunday is a 5 mile race, and I hope to be there for that one. Time to start my next posterboard.

Speaking of which, I put together a poster from some pictures from the marathon. This "unofficial" one cost less than $20. It looks pretty good, and it was probably a big waste to order the official one for $164. I still haven't got that one yet so we'll see.



Finally, here's a few more party pictures. This was from the crazy "several hundred people in one apartment" party from Sunday night. I didn't stay too long.




I'm glad the holiday season is coming to a close and things will go back to normal again. The rest of my "real life" is actually pretty stressful right now, but I can't get into it here. Unfortunately, this probably won't be resolved for a while. I'll start working on some temporary fixes tomorrow.

If only I was able to sleep now...

7 Comments:

Blogger R.E.M. Borja said...

Love the poster! I ought to do that with my bibs.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006  
Blogger brent d. said...

The poster is such a great idea. Right now all of ours are hanging from a safety pin in our bedroom. One day I'd like to have a quilt made from a lot of the race shirts that are way too big to wear or are strange colors.

I hope all the neighbors were invited to the party!!! That sort of a crowd makes me a little anxious - I have a weird deal where I always have to have an escape route in case of fire, etc.

Happy New Year!

Tuesday, January 03, 2006  
Blogger Rae said...

Shoot!! I left that comment, not brent. I hate it when he's the last one signed in here!! $10 says he's noticed by noon and is IMing me at work to tell me to quit leaving comments in his name!

Tuesday, January 03, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

um. hello!! of COURSE i look like a tough cyclist!! i'm tough. i swear!!!! you're ruining my credibility here!!! :) well, you fooled me-i thought you were holding it together well! good luck with all of the non-bloggable life stuff.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006  
Blogger ida said...

Rae: That is funny!

Danny: Good job on the collage.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006  
Blogger brent said...

are you sure that wasn't brent d. talking about making a quilt??? ha ha.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006  
Blogger Danny said...

lol...

i sent rae the same thing in an email. the quilt was definitely a giveaway...

(not that there's anything wrong with that.)

;-)

Tuesday, January 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home