Tuesday, February 07, 2006

40

40 laps in the pool today. I think I like that number. (I didn't think of the 40-40 connection while I was in the pool, but it did save me from coming up with another title for this post.) Actually, the nice thing about 40 laps is that it equals a really nice and round 1,000 yards.

I spent almost an hour in there, so it wasn't really fast. But I'm doing longer repeats. I mostly do what Total Immersion calls an OverSwitch. It's basically like swimming, except that I stop every few strokes to float in the "sweet spot" while taking a few breaths in a row. The next step is to integrate breathing into the strokes without having to pause between any strokes. I tried it a little today, but I was at the end of my workout, and tired. I'll try again over the next few workouts.

My shins, thanks for asking, have been okay. Of course I haven't run on them, but the medial sides haven't been bothering me when I walk. The fronts are kind of tight/sore, but that feels like a muscular thing. I'm not going running again yet, but so far so good.

I hope to get back to the bike tomorrow.

2 Comments:

Blogger brent d. said...

That's awesome! Good job. Just be careful not to stay in the water and get all pruney.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006  
Blogger E-Speed said...

good job on the swim and race. Hope that the shin pain disappears quickly!

Wednesday, February 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home