Tuesday, February 07, 2006

40

40 laps in the pool today. I think I like that number. (I didn't think of the 40-40 connection while I was in the pool, but it did save me from coming up with another title for this post.) Actually, the nice thing about 40 laps is that it equals a really nice and round 1,000 yards.

I spent almost an hour in there, so it wasn't really fast. But I'm doing longer repeats. I mostly do what Total Immersion calls an OverSwitch. It's basically like swimming, except that I stop every few strokes to float in the "sweet spot" while taking a few breaths in a row. The next step is to integrate breathing into the strokes without having to pause between any strokes. I tried it a little today, but I was at the end of my workout, and tired. I'll try again over the next few workouts.

My shins, thanks for asking, have been okay. Of course I haven't run on them, but the medial sides haven't been bothering me when I walk. The fronts are kind of tight/sore, but that feels like a muscular thing. I'm not going running again yet, but so far so good.

I hope to get back to the bike tomorrow.

3 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

You'll be a mermaid before you know it! Great job on your swimming and biking!

Tuesday, February 07, 2006  
Blogger brent d. said...

That's awesome! Good job. Just be careful not to stay in the water and get all pruney.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006  
Blogger E-Speed said...

good job on the swim and race. Hope that the shin pain disappears quickly!

Wednesday, February 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home