Friday, February 24, 2006

Fundraising

Quiet week on the blogging front. I've been trying to get ready to start my new job next week, and that's taking a bit of effort. I am looking forward to getting started though.

In other news, I have officially started my Colon Cancer Challenge campaign. This is the third year this race is being held, and I've run it each year. The money goes to support Partners in Prevention, which is an organization aimed at preventing colorectal cancer. It does so by raising awareness, educating the public about screening and early treatment, and by ongoing research.

This race is kind of unique for me, since it involves both of my worlds. On the one hand, I'm a runner and a member of the New York Road Runners, who put on the race. On the other hand, I'm also a physician who treats these patients, and is aware of all the good screening and early treatment can do.

So although I'm a little uncomfortable posting this appeal here, I do think it's a good cause. In past years, as well as this year, I've been surprised at who was interested in making a donation. I think colon cancer has affected a lot of families, and many people feel inspired to donate in people's honor or memory.

You can click through to my page here. (At the very least you can see a lo-res picture of me in a tux!)

Have a good weekend.

Note: When clicking on the link to my page a little warning box comes up saying something about the names not matching up. I think it has something to do with the charity site they're using. Just click "yes" or "ok" (depending on your browser) and you'll get through to my page.

5 Comments:

Blogger Rae said...

Good luck with the new job!! You're going to knock them dead (hmmm...prob shouldn't say that to a doc!)

Friday, February 24, 2006  
Blogger Rae said...

Hey! For some reason when I click on the link to your page it's not working, it takes me to more of a general info site???

Saturday, February 25, 2006  
Blogger Danny said...

Hmm...

how about now?

(is anybody else having the same problem?)

Saturday, February 25, 2006  
Blogger Beanie said...

great cause Danny!

Yes, I couldn't get through to the site either; it gave me a wierd message about a 'certificate' --??

Saturday, February 25, 2006  
Blogger Danny said...

yeah, it does that for everybody. just click "ok to proceed". it's ok, i promise.

Sunday, February 26, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home