Friday, February 17, 2006

The snow is melting

Not much to say today. I went swimming yesterday, and it wasn't that easy. I still managed to get in 30 laps, which is becoming my usual workout distance. Considering that I could barely do 8 when I started, that's pretty good. But considering that I read about other bloggers' 2000 and 3000 yard workouts, (80 and 120 laps respectively), I've got a bit to go.

Here's a few more snow pictures:

mon, tue
wed, fri

sun, fri

Can you believe the difference in 5 days? It's in the mid 50's and sunny today! There's been a little rain, and there's still a lot of snow lying around - mostly where people piled it up during shoveling. I have that cross-country race this Sunday, so I'm hoping it won't be too wet and muddy.

In other news, my job situation seems to be shaping up. I should be back to working (like a dog) again, come March 1st. I've already paid the gym up until July, so I have big plans to keep all this training up. You guys will have to keep me honest.

Have a great weekend!

4 Comments:

Blogger Nancy Toby said...

Naaah, 3000 yards is "only" 60 laps (120 lengths) in a 25-yard pool. It still is way too damn far. :-)

Friday, February 17, 2006  
Blogger BuckeyeRunner said...

The weather here is weird too! On Monday and Tuesday I had to run in the streets because there was so much snow, and on Wednesday and Thursday it was all disappeared!
Way to go on your swim - that's awesome!!

Saturday, February 18, 2006  
Blogger Darrell said...

What a difference a week makes! Great job with the swimming, consistency is key I think. If you feel like you're in a rut, go for 31 or 32 next time, or 26, just to mix it up a little.

Saturday, February 18, 2006  
Blogger Rae said...

Yeah for the new job!! We had 67 degrees on Thurs and then 30 yesterday and snow today! It's 22 right now and every time I look at the therm. it's gone down!

Good luck in your race!!

Love the pics!!!!!!!!

Saturday, February 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home