Wednesday, February 08, 2006

30-30

As in 30 laps in the pool, and 3o minutes on the bike.

It was tough in the pool today. I tried to actually swim, i.e. breathe between strokes without breaking my rhythm. That didn't go so well. But I'm working on it.

The bike was tough too, but a good tough. I pushed up the resistance a little more. My cadence was around 90 rpm for most of the ride, but that meant a HR of around 160. I only got through the first 20 minutes by telling myself I'd decrease the resistance then, so after 20 minutes I went from 10 (out of 25) back to 8. That seemed easy by comparison. I pushed my cadence up a little over those last ten minutes. After the full 30 minutes, the distance according to the bike's computer was 10.17 miles. (A new record!) After the cooldown, I was past 11 miles. I thought that was pretty good.

I've been trying to eat healthier as well over the last little while. That's not going so perfectly, but better than before. Got to get into competitive shape, you know?

(Part of the problem is that I'm not really training for anything yet. A few thoughts have crossed my mind, but I don't think I'm ready yet. I'll keep you posted.)

4 Comments:

Blogger E-Speed said...

good for you keeping with the workouts despite a race to "train" for! I hope you find something that suits your needs! Racing is fun after all :)

Wednesday, February 08, 2006  
Blogger Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

nice 30 - 30.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006  
Blogger Remco said...

Nice to read your blog! I am trainng for a semi marathon. That race is on March the 12th. Pretty nervous about it. After that I decide if I want to do a marathon. Well I know I want to do it..

Congrats on the marathon!

Thursday, February 09, 2006  
Blogger Running Chick said...

any more thoughts on a sprint distance tri?

Thursday, February 09, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home