Sunday, February 12, 2006

I really hate snow

When I said I'd go to the gym today, I thought the snow would have stopped by today. But nope, it's still going strong.





I tried to dig my car out, and go out anyway. But that was unsuccessful, and I think I ruined my car to boot. I'm not happy about that.



A friend of mine is getting married today. I'm friendly with her, but I guess not close enough to get invited to the wedding. I'm invited to a "sheva brachos" later this week, so I probably just missed the cut. Anyway, a lot of people are cancelling on her today because of the weather. (Why people call a bride a few hours before her wedding to tell her this is beyond me!) So now she's upset that her wedding will be empty. I know a lot of people think a smaller wedding sounds nice, but Orthodox weddings are often big, in the range of four to five hundred people! Having so few people there - especially when the caterer, the florist, the photographer, etc. have already been paid - would really be a downer.

So she sent word today that I should come. My roommate is similarly her friend, and is in the same boat. I think it would really make her happy if we came, so we're going to make an effort to go. My car is obviously not going to make it, and my roommate's probably won't make it either. The plan at this point is to get a lift from someone who parked in a lot overnight.

So anyway, no workout today, unless you count my snow shoveling. I will be working out my mouth and gut later today at the wedding. Does that count? I didn't think so...




Did I mention that I really hate the snow!! I hope the weather for the coming week takes care of it.



Next Sunday I'm supposed to run my first trail run. Can you imagine if it was today?

Snow, snow, go away. Don't even bother to come another day!

7 Comments:

Blogger Rae said...

I LOVE it!! It looks like so much fun. Where is my snowman????? It snowed a little here this afternoon so of course we got out and walked around in it. Pathetic!

Sunday, February 12, 2006  
Blogger Darrell said...

I'm pretty sure shoveling snow counts as a workout. Should I tell you it was sunny and 80 out here in southern CA?

Sunday, February 12, 2006  
Blogger LeahC said...

Awesome snow storm!

Last year here in Chicago we had TONS of snow and my husband and I refused to buy a shovel because we live in an apartment buildign and by the time the snow came and we were sans shovel all the cheap ones were gone and all that was left was robotic ones :-)

So this year we bought a shovel before they became grossly over priced AND HAVE YET TO USE IT!

The snow does look like fun.

Sunday, February 12, 2006  
Blogger Bridges Runner said...

The snow was fun to play in at Central Park:)

Shoveling most definitely counts! That's actually a pretty rigorous activity.

Monday, February 13, 2006  
Blogger Remco said...

Hehe..NY made the news here in the Netherands with the snow!!

Goodluck with it!

Monday, February 13, 2006  
Blogger Nic said...

I must admit, I don't miss the snow out here in San Francisco. I felt a little guilty calling home to my parents to hear about it... But shoveling is a total workout!

Monday, February 13, 2006  
Blogger tortaluga said...

one hora = one gym workout.

Monday, February 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home