Sunday, February 26, 2006

Running plans

I finally made it back out for another run today. Man, it was windy out there. I did 4 miles and it didn't feel easy. I just don't run enough anymore. I'm keeping up with the "crosstraining", but I hadn't run since last Sunday. So it showed.

While I was running today, I started thinking about my planned race schedule. Most of the races around now are short (5K next week, 4M in 2 weeks) and shouldn't be a problem. But on April 2nd, there's a 10K I had planned. I probably should be able to get there, but my next two Sundays are taken up with races. Kind of makes it tough to build up my long runs. (I don't want to hear any laughing about building up long runs to a 10K!) And what about the Broad Street Run? I've been thinking about heading down to Philly to run this 10 miler with ShoreTurtle. I keep thinking it's a long time away, but today I started to realize I'm going to have a hard time building up that mileage in time! I've really got to get back out there...

In crosstraining news I've been out of the pool since Wednesday, and I'm not sure when I'll get back in there. Tomorrow I have a long day of paperwork and required meetings for my new job. I'm also busy in the evening, so the two "open swim" periods won't work for me. Hopefully Tuesday. I might still have a chance to get on the bike tomorrow.

Finally, remember how proud I was last week for installing a new hard drive and new memory in my computer? Well I've been going crazy for about 5 days now trying to copy my old drive onto my new drive. I bought Norton Ghost thinking it would make the job easy. Yeah, not really. Apparently I have bad sectors on my old drive. I guess the way the file system works you can have lots of bad sectors and still use the drive. But when you try and image it, the whole thing screws up. So I've been running chkdsk and all sorts of other DOS based software to try and fix it. I keep thinking I'm close, but then I suffer another setback. The most annoying thing is that these tasks will take an hour before they freeze up the whole system. Very annoying...

5 Comments:

Blogger Rae said...

Your race calendar is really starting to fill up! I think you have plenty of time to be ready for the 10 miler in May. That's still roughly 9 weeks away, so an extra mile a week and you'd still have some skip weeks...

Good luck at the new job!!

Sunday, February 26, 2006  
Blogger Remco said...

Good luck with the new job!!

You probably know this better then I do, but I learned that enough rest between races and training is in fact a training as well. You need to give your body time to recover. With those races of 4 and 5 mile and some longer training in between you will do fine!

Monday, February 27, 2006  
Blogger ShoreTurtle said...

I'm biased, but I think that you should do the Broad Street run with ShoreTurtle. It's 10 weeks away. I'm officially starting my training plan this week.

Monday, February 27, 2006  
Blogger Bridges Runner said...

The Broad Street Run rocks! I've done it the past 2 years and definitely plan on doing it again this year:) It's a great confidence booster IMO, as the course is straight as an arrow (except for going around City Hall!) and even "slightly" downhill!

Monday, February 27, 2006  
Blogger Darrell said...

I say, go for it.

Tuesday, February 28, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home