Thursday, March 23, 2006

Diplomas

(this is mostly for you, mom!)



to the right of the window are my running related plaques:


next to the bookcase is Maimonides' Prayer for the Physician:

if you blow it up and read the text, it's pretty interesting how applicable it still is. (note: having researched it for this post, it's not clear this was actually written by Maimonides. in any case, it's been around from at least the 18th century.)

and on the opposite wall, the main attraction:

(whoa! a lot of paperwork there, eh? well it took 13+ years to get it!)

here's the guided tour version:


Is it weird that I'm more proud of how nice a job I did hanging these up, than I am of having obtained them in the first place?

Anyway, once I got in the picture hanging mode, I finally put up my more recent running related posters at home. (I also had some empty space on my wall to fill.)

6 Comments:

Blogger Darrell said...

That's some pretty impressive paperwork. You are obviously not afraid of a challenge. Good job.

Friday, March 24, 2006  
Blogger LeahC said...

that is impressive! Congrats and it looks great!

Friday, March 24, 2006  
Blogger Nancy Toby said...

That looks great!!

But what's with the antique monitor on the desk? I think you need a big nice new flat screen one. :-)

Friday, March 24, 2006  
Blogger Rae said...

Ha! I love my flat screen at work. A lot of ppl fight over them and they're the first thing nabbed when someone quits.

That's a ton of diplomas! I would suggest u take some pics of the first person you operated on but I'm pretty sure that would violate some confidentiality stuff!

Friday, March 24, 2006  
Blogger Danny said...

Don't think I didn't think about it, Rae.

Technically though, I've operated on over 2000 patients already. Even as an attending, these aren't my first cases.

But they are the start of my building a practice. So that's pretty cool.

Sunday, March 26, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanx for the opportunity to kvell.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home