Sunday, December 17, 2006

Hannukah Hustle

I think there's a race with this name in Toronto somewhere, but believe it or not, this doesn't exist in New York. So just a regular training run today.



I ran a little more than 8 miles this morning. Yet another beautiful day today, and I ran in shorts and a long sleeve tech. (And a fuel belt, and a Garmin, and an iPod!) I kept my splits pretty even, and pretty easy.



I've been thinking about another half marathon, just to have something to train for. I'm taking some time off from work at the end of January, and the Miami Half has crossed my mind. Also, the New York Road Runners seem to be tinkering with their half marathon schedule. In the past, the Bronx Half was in July, and the Manhattan Half in August. Last year they moved Manhattan to January, and put the inaugural NYC Half into the August slot. The 2007 schedule is now slowly coming online, and Manhattan is on January 21, with Bronx on Feb 11. The pros of staying local means I might have a little more flexibility with my vacation. The races will also count towards the 9 races needed for guaranteed NYC Marathon entry. The cons are that they are just another race, and they don't come with a nice technical shirt, cap, or medal. (Of course, they're also only $11 to register!)

So that's what I'm thinking of. I figured 8 miles was a good distance for today, no matter what. I'm not too anxious to build up too quickly, as my legs were feeling really tired in the last training cycle.

In other news, I've got a Bat Mitzva tonight, and a Hannukah party tomorrow. (It's the same as this one from last year.) I think I'll be joining the masses with some weight loss resolutions in the New Year!

Oh, and one more thing. Sorry about not doing any of those memes going around. I'm not so into the meme and tagging thing. Although I must admit, I was tempted to do one. There's a "holiday" one going around, that was modified to fit Hanukkah. Here's a link to the first person to modify it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Nice job on the 8 mile run!

Thursday, December 21, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Danny, Danny! You don't run the half marathon series because they're just another qualifying race... you run them because this is your town! This is the place you live and its spread so far and wide; how else will you set foot in all five boroughs in one year? (And I don't mean traveling through, I mean go to each borough for an activity.) But WE have this great opportunity to run in all five boroughs are courses picked out and full of people. Safe, easy, fun.

Will you be at the Manhattan half? I'll be there; hope to see you.

Thursday, December 21, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy holidays Danny!!

Sunday, December 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home