Monday, December 25, 2006

Happy Holidays

Hannukah is over. I got 3 presents this year, which is way more than usual. (Well I also got 3 Chirstmas/Holiday presents at work. But I gave about 14.)

Anyway, I'm not complaining, I like my gifts. My best gift was a scale with a body fat calculator. (Ok, I asked for that one. I suppose it would have been insulting to get a scale if I hadn't asked for it!) For now, I've just been looking at the results with mild interest. Starting in the new year, I'm going to get serious. I'm not really fat, but I'm not in racing shape either. I'd like to take off 20 pounds in the hope that my legs will hurt less with my training. That's the plan.

I ran twice last week, 4 miles each time. Yesterday (as documented in the previous post) I ran 9 miles. It was really a glorious day. Sunny, and in the 50's. I ran in shorts and a long sleeve technical shirt.




Whoever said all you need for running is shoes? I've got my tech shirt, my tech hat, my hydration belt, my Garmin watch, my iPod, my camera, and my beeper. In the belt I've also got Sports Beans, and my keys. (Would you believe that with all that I forgot my cellphone? Fortunately, I had checked with both the on-call resident and my answering service before I left, and I didn't get paged on the run.)

Crazy, huh?

(I'm actually sore on my left hip. It may be from my beeper, but I really didn't notice a problem while I ran. My camera, which is much larger, was on the other side and I'm fine there.)

That's it for now. Just in case there's anyone left who hasn't seen this clip, I'm embedding it here. It's an instructional video on what Jews do on Christmas.



Just in case, you don't believe this, it's true! (Unless of course you're a doctor. Then you're on call.)

Happy Holidays to all!

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha! I love the youtube video:) I did have my Chinese food + movie yesterday with friends.

Happy Holidays!

Monday, December 25, 2006  
Blogger Rae said...

Hmmmm....we were just thinking about getting some Chinese food!

Great pics!

Monday, December 25, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had no idea. Sounds good to me, enjoy!

Monday, December 25, 2006  
Blogger rivkayael said...

limping to lab at 9:30 pm Christmas night--Grinch or desperate grad student. Happy new year! I agree with Brooklyn on the other post--run because it's NYC!

Tuesday, December 26, 2006  
Blogger brent said...

who knew running could be so expensive, i agree!

Tuesday, December 26, 2006  
Blogger Morrissey said...

well happy belated hannakah!

Thursday, December 28, 2006  
Blogger Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

I agree - running takes way more than shoes!!! Here's to a great 2007!! Oh - and tell us what kind of body fat scale you have...I'm interested in one myself.

Thursday, December 28, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the video (I actually hadn't seen it). Best of luck with your training in 2007.

Thursday, December 28, 2006  
Blogger Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

So I have never quite understood how a scale can measure body fat. A mystery of the universe to me!

Friday, December 29, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Over-acheiver!

Saturday, December 30, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wish I could run marathons... :-(

Sunday, December 31, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home