Sunday, December 24, 2006

A tour of my running path

I brought my camera on my run today.


This is probably boring to most (or all) of you, but I run this route pretty often, and so I thought I'd "photo-document" it for once.


I'm including a map, just to orient the following pictures. I ran a little extra in the beginning so that I'd end up with 9 miles total. The red mile markers are starting from a bus stop 5 minutes from my house, where I often start from.


mile 0: Pelham Parkway
mile 0.4: the stop light where I often get stuck


mile 0.5: more Pelham Parkway
mile 1: going over the highway


mile 1: Hutchinson River Parkway
mile 1.3: going under the I-95


mile 1.4: bike path
mile 1.6


mile 1.65: the rock at the edge of Pelham Bay Park
mile 1.7: heading up to Shore Road


mile 2.1: drawbridge on Shore Road
view from bridge


another view from bridge
I really like this shot. Throgs Neck Bridge in the distance.


mile 2.4: The Bronx Equestrian Center
mile 2.5: path continued. (horsepath to left)


mile 2.8: short trip through "forest"
mile 3: edge of Pelham Split Rock golf course


mile 3.1: more golf course
mile 3.4: golf course in distance


mile 3.8: beyond golf course
water on opposite side is part of Long Island Sound


mile 4: path veers away from highway
mile 4.1: a little more "forest"


mile 4.2: almost at the end
mile 4.25: Park Lane in Pelham Manor (Westchester County)

... and then of course I have to run back!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's pretty!

Monday, December 25, 2006  
Blogger rivkayael said...

these are some beautiful photos. good to see you back running!

Monday, December 25, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great running path. And I've thought all along that you were running the streets of Manhattan.

Monday, December 25, 2006  
Blogger brent said...

cool pictures. it looks like Fall there vs. winter. i also pictured you running through the streets of manhattan and central park etc. all the time!

Tuesday, December 26, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home