Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Slowly

I'd like to think I'm slowly getting better, but my ankle still hurts when I move certain ways. I'm still not running, in the hopes that I'm preventing myself from worse injury. I'm not really sure that's true, but for now I'll hold off.

The weather was beautiful today, and it was hard not to go out for a run. Instead I put on my rollerblades, which I hadn't used in a couple of years. My brother's staying with me for a little while, and he brought his blades and a hockey stick. It was really fun shooting the puck (ball) around again. I don't think I got as good a workout as running, but it's better than nothing.

Tonight was the first official barbecue of the "Tuesday night BBQ series". It was good, but not good. If you know what I mean. At least I stocked up on Slim Fast today. I also did some weights today. Got to start somewhere.

3 Comments:

Blogger Darrell said...

Sorry to hear that the ankle is still buggin' ya and has taken you out of the race. Those kind of injuries just take lots and lots of time to heal. Hang in there.

Thursday, May 03, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep staying active the best you can. Eventually you will heal well enough to run again.

human touch massage

Thursday, May 03, 2007  
Blogger peter said...

Bummer you missed your M. b/c of your injury. That must have been so frustrating not to be able to run it when you were so close. There are lots of marathons out there though and you'll do one that you'll just nail, probably this year. You just wait and see.

Monday, May 07, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home