Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Beantown

First of all, I've come up with a rationalization or excuse for my last run. I had run a hard speedwork episode the day before, and even though it was only 4 repeats, I think it had more of an effect on me than I realized. I'm guessing this because my quads were pretty sore Friday afternoon. (Of course it's probably a little deconditioning as well, but this makes me feel a little better.)

Anyway, on the weekend I made a short trip into Boston. If any of you can remember the first time I was there, I had mentioned that I missed running on the Charles. So I did it this time.


10 miles along the Charles River.

I wasn't sure exactly of where I was going so I ended up running the same route a few times, and I went up and down this ridiculous ramp more than a few times. But all in all, it was pretty cool. Kind of a foggy morning, but there were enough runners out there to make me feel part of something.


Very picturesque


Slightly further along path


Museum of Science. (I ran out of path just about here.)


On the Cambridge side


That ramp thingy and a nice picture of Harvard Bridge

Finally, it was very cool to see a lot of the street names that I've heard before. There was one particular street name that I hear mentioned a lot on Phedippidations. I had to stop and take picture.


Boylston Street. Pretty close to the Boston Marathon Finish Line.

Although I don't foresee ever qualifying for Boston, I do plan to run it sometime, perhaps as early as next year. I'll have to do it through charity, but I think it would be really cool to have run New York and Boston. Now if only they had a charity option for the Olympics....

5 Comments:

Blogger Rae said...

I bet you will qualify one day, although I do feel like the standards for guys are just insane. Brent would have to do a 3:10 right now while I would have to do a 3:40. I know guys are built faster, but not the average Joe, or it doesn't seem like it!!

A coworker did Boston this year via Habitat. Let me know if you'd like some info from him on how he was able to do it.

Wednesday, June 18, 2008  
Blogger tinablue87 said...

Boston is a great city! Next week I will try my best to run at at altitude of 9000 ft. It will be interesting to see how that goes....

Thursday, June 19, 2008  
Blogger Darrell said...

Boston is a great city, I agree. With year you had last year, I feel like you could qualify if you wanted to.

Saturday, June 28, 2008  
Blogger rivkayael said...

Were you at Orach Chayyim on the UES last Shabbat?

Thursday, August 21, 2008  
Blogger rivkayael said...

I think I saw you AGAIN at Slichos at KJ. If I am right, I really should come over and say hi the next time!

(Orach Chayyim balcony is a bit high to shout 'hello' from, no?)

Monday, September 22, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home