Monday, December 22, 2008

Happy Chanukah!

Chanukah is here. One of the funnest holidays on the Jewish calendar. (Except when it falls out around Christmas, and you're the only Jew on the faculty. In which case it means you're taking 4 calls in 8 days. But anyway...)

One of the traditions is to eat fried foods. Can you believe that's a religious tradition! It has to do with a miracle relating to oil. (If you don't believe me, see Wikipedia.) Unfortunately, this coincided with me checking my cholesterol. Not a good idea... And I'm still dealing with trying to get back to marathoning weight! Yikes!

Anyway, I am making an effort. I ran 3 times last week. Twice short, and one long-ish run of 8.5 miles on the treadmill yesterday. I was hoping that would help offset the chanukah party we made, but as the photgraphic evidence will show, no way Jose.


In the workout clothes, but making cookies.


They're not as good as the look. They're better.


Latkes. Definitely better than they looked. But just as oily.


Lighting the menorah.


Happy Chanukah!


Speaking of Happy Chanukah, I definitely couldn't post my rant on the NYRR now. In fact, to bring joy to the world, I've posted my annual video up in the sidebar. I actually wasn't going to, but a few people specifically asked for it! (Weirdos, I know!) Enjoy.

Finally, for those of you who have made it to the end, I snuck in another funny video link. But you must watch to the end. :-) See it here.

2 Comments:

Blogger Darrell said...

Still funny!

Enjoy the holidays.

I got a kick out of this on your youtube page: "dannyfarkas became friends with shoreturtle
(2 days ago" It sounds kind funny, but sad.

Tuesday, December 23, 2008  
Blogger Rae said...

Those are some great looking cookies! I'd be more than happy to send you my address if you want to drop some in the mail!

Wednesday, December 24, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home