Monday, October 19, 2009

Giving Up

I'm slowly coming to terms with the fact that I will not be running the marathon in a couple of weeks. If you've been reading this blog over the last few months, you could probably see this coming. I've been deluding myself into thinking I'd just kind of "do it". I knew I wouldn't do well, but I would finish. Now I'm realizing that even that would be hard. And what would be the point? When the weather sucked yesterday, I thought of spending 5 hours trudging through that, for what? And the injury/recovery afterward. And not to mention the chance of this.

I'm still struggling with it. I haven't canceled yet. (Sound familiar?) But I know I will.

Sigh...

3 Comments:

Blogger Darrell said...

I don't imagine that it would come to that, but you can't fake the marathon.

Tuesday, October 20, 2009  
Blogger Jon (was) in Michigan said...

I know its hard to give up a marathon. I've done it twice now. I guess you have to ask yourself if finishing is enough of a reward for pushing through a tough race like that. Sometimes it really is, and that's enough to make you go and race. Sometimes you want more than that, so you wait for the next race.

Tuesday, October 20, 2009  
Blogger Jank said...

I know how you feel - training fell apart in September, and the flu ended up killing my plans today.

Thursday, October 29, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home