Thursday, April 29, 2010

Kosher Gatorade Update

I tried the lemon-lime G stuff. Not that great. Today I had to do some shopping. I decided to run and end up at the drugstore. I ended up buying a fruit punch G2. Pretty good. Tasted like a melted freeze pop.

Bigger problem is that the stuff at the marathon won't be kosher anyway. As a result of a question in the comments here I realized that not all Gatorade products would be kosher. I emailed them, and as it turns out, the Endurance formula will not be kosher at this time. And of course, that's what they serve at the marathon.

So now there's no incentive for me to use it - or get used to it. Unless I carry my own Gatorade for the marathon - which I won't - I'll be stuck drinking water anyway. So I might as well stick with that.

At least I can save $1.69 for a 20oz bottle...

3 Comments:

Blogger John said...

Try endurolytes from Hammer. http://bit.ly/cU1nS5

Not sure if they're Kosher - but they are the best thing I've used for athletic endeavors!

And if you call and ask I'm sure Steve or the rest of the crew would find out if they are kosher!

Thursday, April 29, 2010  
Blogger Darrell said...

Wow, something I never even considered - kosher electrolyte drink. So you always have to go with just water? There's nothing you can use for electrolyte replacement? Intersting.

Congrats too on the weight loss.

Tuesday, May 04, 2010  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

zico is a brand of coconut water that is OU certified

Tuesday, October 18, 2011  

Post a Comment

<< Home