Monday, May 17, 2010

Back Online

My computer was down for a few days - quite difficult to live without. Ended up having to replace the motherboard, and I'm back in business.

Keeping up the running, and I'm really happy with that. I've been really disciplined with the build up of miles, and I've managed to get a significant amount of base miles in that fashion. I've been running a little over 20 miles a week the last month. Not a crazy amount, but enough to get me ready to start formal marathon training in a month. Also, I've built up my long run in a slow progression: 6, 4 (race), 7, 8, 9, 10, 11.

The consistency is what I'm most proud of. Compare my running in the first few months, with the last few months. (Running days in bold.)



This has all helped with the weight loss too, though I think watching what I eat is even more important. Combined though, I've been doing well:


The weekends have not been good for the diet, mostly because of the large Sabbath meals. Tomorrow night begins another 2 day religious holiday, full of food - including religious significance to eating cheesecake. (And I'm not making this up!) I'll try and stay strong...

3 Comments:

Anonymous David H. said...

Awesome job. Sounds like you're ready for marathon training. Looking forward to the summer and following along your journey.

Monday, May 17, 2010  
Blogger NY Wolve said...

The genius of Sport Tracks can really be motivating! Great job.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010  
Blogger Darrell said...

Nice job, Danny. Consistency is key. Weight control is def a combination of diet and exercise and a huge dose of committment. It'll pay off big time on marathon day.

Sunday, May 23, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home