Thursday, May 27, 2010

Diet Update

Still going strong. The exercising motivates me to keep eating healthy. And the progress is encouraging.

I had set a preliminary goal to lose 15 pounds in 3 months, and I just hit it in about 2 and half months. (As an aside, I just looked up my last major diet and saw that I lost 19 pounds in 2 and a half months that time - and I started and finished at a lower number.)


And so, I've set my next goal. Which is to lose 11 pounds in the next 2 months. I really should aim for 1 pound a week, but it would be nice to hit goal weight in the summer. We'll see. The curve looks do-able, though I know it will get tougher near the bottom.


In running news, I started adding in a little speed. So far just a couple of tempo runs, mostly because I've been too lazy to go to the track. I 'm scheduled for a 5K this Sunday. I had hoped to use it as a test of my current running speed. Unfortunately, the forecast is for 88 degrees. And this being only a semi-serious event, they're starting the race at 10:30. Kind of sucks. I'll probably still run the Father's Day Race in Central Park. It's a 5 Miler though, which is a little different. I'm using the FIRST book that I've talked about in the past. A lot of their tables are based on your 5K time. So I was hoping to get a good idea of that on Sunday. And it won't happen in 80 degrees...

Have a good (long) weekend!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jank said...

Now that the marathon's done, I think I need to really follow your example - there's 20 lbs of fat hanging on my frame that it would have been really nice not to drag along this weekend.

Monday, May 31, 2010  
Blogger Pesach Sommer said...

Nice meeting you as well. Great race report. I hope you'll consider running with us this summer.

Tuesday, June 01, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home