Friday, November 04, 2005

Would you cheer for this guy?



I "sharpied" up my shirt last night, and had dress rehearsal today. I think it looks pretty good. (That shiny logo is less noticable without a flash!)

I'm really getting into the excitement now. By staying sick it's made it easier to stop focusing un my performance. By going out and just trying to finish I think I'll have a better experience and end up doing better. I'll worry about speed the next time.

I should clarify that I still want to run this marathon. I will still have 4:22 as a goal to shoot for, as I think that will be helpful towards the end when I'll feel like slowing down and/or walking. (Yeah, yeah, yeah. I will if I need to.)

For those of you interested in tracking me, you can go the the NYC Marathon site and I'm sure they'll be instructions. All you need is my bib number (33474). I'm also planning on putting this blog in as one of my "athlete alert" addresses, so the blog should automatically be updated when I pass various checkpoints.

Thanks again for all the support!

Oh yeah. Before I go, check out this cool pic from the expo.



Good luck to all the other runner out there!

14 Comments:

Blogger Mia said...

Yea, Danny!!! Have fun out there this weekend and kick some marathon butt :)

Friday, November 04, 2005  
Blogger Bridges Runner said...

YAY! Have fun out there:) I'll be cheering! Woohoo!

Friday, November 04, 2005  
Blogger Running Chick said...

I would totally cheer for you...and I will, but just 'virtually'!!

Whenever you see an orange hat, think of me cheering you on with "go Danny go"!!!

Run smooth and strong and have a great race!

Friday, November 04, 2005  
Blogger ShoreTurtle said...

All your months of training have paid off. The time is here. You can do it! Run your race. I'll be cheering you on!

Friday, November 04, 2005  
Blogger a.maria said...

WOOOOOOOOOOO! i was watching msnbc and they had this big whole story on the m'thon and i just thought of you and how excited you must be and once again....WOOOOOOOOOO

i'll be cheering for ya!

Friday, November 04, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember as a kid catching snippets of the NY marathon on tv. It was fun watching the front-runners and listening to the commentary.

Fast forward 30-something years.

10:10 on the west coast is 7:10 in the morning here and I'll be in front of my tv with my laptop and my short list of bib numbers including #33474. I'm frankly much more interested in how you and some of the mid-packers will do.

Have the best day of your life.

Friday, November 04, 2005  
Blogger Donald said...

Hey - Good luck and have fun! You're right, first marathons are for the experience. There can be plenty of other races to worry about speed.

Friday, November 04, 2005  
Blogger Jon (was) in Michigan said...

Good luck out there, Danny! Kick some NY butt! Hey, run or walk, you'll be crossing the line, man. Have at it! I'll be tracking you. :)

Friday, November 04, 2005  
Blogger nyflygirl said...

Good luck Sunday!!! Kick some NYCM a$$!! :-) But most importantly, just have fun!!!

If I see you when you pass mile 18, i'll make sure to cheer for ya:-)

Friday, November 04, 2005  
Blogger Scott in Washington said...

Run strong Danny!

Friday, November 04, 2005  
Blogger brent said...

heck yeah i'd cheer for ya. go danny! run it like you know you can. u da man! exciting stuff.

Saturday, November 05, 2005  
Blogger Lara said...

I am totally cheering for you!!! Have loads of fun, I'm sure it will be an awesome experience!

Saturday, November 05, 2005  
Blogger LeahC said...

GO DANNY GO! You are going to have a great (!) time. I think that the 4:22 goal is a good idea. I think having some kind of time goal really really helps at the end, when you are so tired. We would walk when we got gatorade or water for a few seconds while we drank and it really helped the legs (i did try and run and drink at the first stop and ended up with gatorade everywhere!). and when you see the finish line...wow, what an experience. Good Luck!

Saturday, November 05, 2005  
Blogger R.E.M. Borja said...

I just saw that it was unlucky 13 comments, so I thought I'd make it 14 to wish you good luck. Have fun with it. The first is always something to remember, whether it be a great one or a bad one.

Saturday, November 05, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home