Sunday, December 25, 2005

Happy Holidays!!

Although Hannukah doesn't really start until tonight, it's still pretty cool how both Christmas and Hannukah ended up on the same day this year. So if you're celebrating one or the other today, I hope you're enjoying. (The video in the sidebar is my present to you guys!)

On a good note, I ran 4 miles this morning. I was up pretty late being busy with my usual Christmas Eve ritual - poker. But I had made up to meet another running partner (for the first time) at 7:15 this morning. Out of the 4 miles I'd say we ran about, oh 0.01 miles together, but I guess it did get me out there this morning. I felt okay during the run, and though my knees felt a little stiff when I stopped, I think I'm okay now. So that's pretty good. There's a 5 miler in 2 weeks, and I'd like to be able to run that. Not necessarily to "race" it, but at least to be out there with a number on my shirt again. It will also count as a qualifier for NYC 2007, should I decide to go that route again.

Not much else planned for the day. First I'm going to read (i.e. nap) a little. Candle lighting is around 5pm. Although I have parties scheduled for Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday, the first night is not a big party night. I've been invited to a friend's family get together, and I may head out there.

Once again, I wish you all happy holidays!!

6 Comments:

Blogger nyflygirl said...

happy hanukkah!! :)

Sunday, December 25, 2005  
Blogger Nancy Toby said...

Happy Hanukah, Merry Christmas on the same day, and happy Boxing Day tomorrow! Hope they're all fun and happy! We're trying to figure out what time to light the candles, here...

Sunday, December 25, 2005  
Blogger Rae said...

Awesome performance! It's AMAZING how much you sound like Adam Sandler!!! I love it, I think it will soon be a holiday favorite.

We noticed a (small) Hanukkah section at Publix (grocery store) this past week! Yeah!! There's not a lot of options but hopefully I can figure out at least one appropriate dish to cook this week in honor of Hanukkah. Happy Holidays!!!!

Sunday, December 25, 2005  
Blogger Bridges Runner said...

Happy Hanukkah:)
Thanks for the present...very cute!

Anyway, congrats on the 4 miles...sounds like you're on your way back!

Sunday, December 25, 2005  
Blogger brent d. said...

MERRY HANNUKAH! I'm not as impressed with your preformance skills as I am how you got all those people in your apartment to cheer for you! You are quite the little packer!

Don't party too much these next few nights!

Sunday, December 25, 2005  
Blogger Jon (was) in Michigan said...

Happy Hanukkah, Danny! And I have the feeling you'll want to race once you get that number on your shirt. It happens. :)

Monday, December 26, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home