Friday, May 19, 2006

Thank You!

Thanks for all the birthday wishes yesterday. I felt like a blogging superstar for a day!

Not much to report on running since then. I've been busy at work, and it's been on and off (and on) pouring today. I hope to do some slow miles on Sunday, maybe 4. We'll see.

I do have an update on Wednesday's run. I checked back on the results page to see if there were any pictures posted. I'm not sure how I even noticed this, but they changed the distance to 2.9 miles. There wasn't any mention about it on their website, but sure enough, it's changed on all the pages. In fact, when I searched for my own results, my pace has been changed from 7:48 to 8:21 - which seems more accurate.

Fortunately, I didn't really care about the time in this race. But I amagine this would be annoying to some people. On the other hand, now I have a new PR for 2.9 miles....

(Just to be safe, I looked back at Sunday's race. That distance is still recorded as 3.1 miles, or 5.0 kilometers. So that PR is still safe!)

Have a great weekend!

8 Comments:

Blogger ShoreTurtle said...

That's crazy that they changed the distance. It just goes to show how smart we are. I guess that it counts as a PR for a 2.9 mile race.

I mapped the route to the restaurant with you and F. It was only 1 mile--so the race was longer.

Friday, May 19, 2006  
Blogger Cris said...

Hm... the've had a steak of incorrectly measured courses lately.... I wonder who isn't doing his/her job?

Friday, May 19, 2006  
Blogger Rae said...

You are a blogging superstar!!!

Gotta love a changing distance race! At least it wasn't a marathon and they went back and it said it was 25.9. I'd probably shoot someone in that case!

Saturday, May 20, 2006  
Blogger Jon (was) in Michigan said...

Congrats on the race, Danny. Sorry I missed your birthday but Happy Birthday anyway.

Wasn't it the Lakeshore Marathon that had the extra mile 23?

Sunday, May 21, 2006  
Blogger Darrell said...

Congrats on the PR then. I guess that one will stand in the books for quite a while, how funny.

Sunday, May 21, 2006  
Blogger nyflygirl said...

this was the explanation from NYRR:

"Due to unforeseen circumstances, the course of the AHA Wall Street Run had to be adjusted at the last minute. Approximately 5 blocks were cut between mile 1 and mile 2, making the total distance 2.9 miles rather than 3.1 miles. NYRR regrets the late change and thanks you for your understanding."

Monday, May 22, 2006  
Blogger Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Hmmm...glad the time wasn't a big deal to ya...I might have been a little upset if I had been thinking I'd set a new PR or something!! Great job anyways!!

Monday, May 22, 2006  
Blogger Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Oh yeah, and Happy Birthday! Sorry I'm late!

Monday, May 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home